Wednesday, January 21, 2009

1/21/09 Mountain Biking in the Alabama Hills

Dawn broke beautifully in the Alabama Hills this morning. I got out on the mountain bike just after first light. I found a wonderful trail hooking up the Movie Flat area with some jeep roads that wind down to Lone Pine.

First light on Lone Pine Peak revealed some cloud activity. Let it snow. Please.

This is the jeep road just above Lone Pine. Unlike other sections of the Alabama Hills the terrain here is stark and featureless. It's got it's own appeal.

On the other hand, I really love these rock formations!

I had so much fun riding from Movie Flat to Lone Pine I turned around a headed back the way I came. The singletrack was long and fun, and mostly rolling, with a few steep sections.

I cruised into camp around 8am and made it to work by 8:30.
The stoke lasted all day long!

No comments: