Sunday, January 1, 2012

Enjoying the Lemonade on New Years Day

If your a skier like me, the weather this year has been far too dry, but like the old adage goes "If life gives you lemons make lemonade."

So while the skiing has been lackluster at best, the cycling has been great. We enjoyed temps in the 60s, light wind, and bright sunshine today for a ride out Round Valley way.

The crew today consisted of Monica, Mary, and I.
Round Valley was serene - as it usually is.
On the way up Vanadium Ranch Road we came across this very tame young buck.
The ladies had their climbing legs going and rode all the way up Pine Creek Road to Huarte Creek.
I was feeling the need for a long spin so I tacked on a jaunt up to Plant 4 on Bishop Creek on the way home.
This was the peaceful scene at Plant 4.
This pleasant little canyon cradles Bishop Creek below Plant 4.
The alfalfa fields south of town were almost as smooth as a putting green!
Wow!
It sure felt great to cruise the road bike and see the sites.
I wish I was skiing cold, fluffy powder, but the lemonade was pretty darn sweet just the same.

No comments: