Thursday, July 13, 2017

Crusher in the Tushar

For the fifth consecutive year we trucked out to the Tushar Mountains for the Crusher in the Tushar. 

After a lengthy drive we arrived at serene Kents Lake Campground.

Wonderful to be back!

The next day Mary took a spin on the paddleboard and later rode with my friend Bob and I.

At the start Chris and I were all smiles. It was already warm unlike past years.

Feeling confident!

Mary headed up to the campground and took these pictures of us passing by.




Rolling through the high meadows and forest. So beautiful. 

After enduring the searing heat in the valley around Junction City and Circleville the high country greeted us with lightning, thunder, hail and heavy rain. Drama! 

The scene at the finish line.

After the hail and rain let up I felt good and was able to ride hard to the finish. Joy!

Only slightly dazed!

Chris finished strong.

Brent got the best greeting from his family.

Bob was all smiles after finishing. He was 3rd place in the 60+ division. Fist bump!

Four finishers.

I have never felt better at the Crusher, but my time was slower and my placing lower than my previous efforts. Maybe I was having too much fun! I finished 29th of 96 in the 50-59 age group with a time of 6:01.


Bob, Mary and I took a pleasant recovery hike the next day. The lupine were amazing.

Good views here and there.

The body was pretty tired but it felt great to stroll through the woods.

Our destination. Rocky Lake. Lots of Elk signs here but no sightings.


The moon rising on our last night.

A fantastic trip!

No comments: