Thursday, September 7, 2017

Summer Cycling

After the Crusher I took a nice break to recharge and relax then, for August, I focused on volume with several great adventure rides.

I visited my mom down in Altadena and got in a terrific ride in the mountains there.

I rode up the Mt. Lowe fire road on my gravel bike.

A view down to Crescenta Valley.

Higher up looking south over Inspiration Point to the marine layer that had settled in the San Gabriel Valley.

Bear Canyon. A rugged, seldom visited drainage.

I got to ride through this picturesque tunnel as I neared the Mt Wilson Road.

Mt Markham

The distinct inversion looking east.  As I descended the Angeles Forest Highway a bit later the air was cooler and cooler!

The next day I went for an urban ride with Mary and our friend Saja.
Along the L.A. River.

Through Chinatown, Griffith Park and Silver Lake. Totally different kind of fun!

Happy to be home I did several sweet rides from the house. Just south.


Accidental photo!

Just north of town in Round Valley.


I also did a big ride north of Bridgeport. Up 395 early morning.


Then Birchim Flat Road paralleling the Walker River Canyon.


A quiet pavement stretch on Eastside Road just east of Colevillle.

Then up into the Sweetwater Range on Risue Road. Took a nice splash here in Desert Creek.

The high point of the day looking south to the high peaks of the Sweetwaters.


Finally popping out on Highway 338 near the Sweetwater Summit.  Super nice ride!

Topped if off with a soak at the Buckeye Hot Springs. The best pools are down by the creek.

Then a cold water soak in the creek below our camp.

A little smoke rolled in giving some extra color to the sunset.

Twilight view from our camp. So nice.

Now for a little rest and the transition to cyclocross season!

No comments: