Tuesday, March 20, 2018

A Little Skiing

On Friday, while most folks were enjoying deep powder further north, I made the mistake of trying to ski above Bishop. Thought there would be more snow.

Looking down to Aspendell (right) and the approach moraine to Bishop Bowl (left).

Good skiing on this short run albeit pretty scary with hidden rocks and brush.


Monday I headed up Chicken Wing. Still feeling pretty slow after my Chicken Pox episode. I figured there would be a skin track to the top, so it would be a pretty easy day.

A bit surprised by the number of tracks, but the skin up was indeed pretty cruiser. Nice views from the top.


Tracks everywhere, but still able to find good skiing throughout the descent.

Nice to get out!

1 comment:

VividReality said...

Hey, I am hoping to contact you because I saw a few photos of the Sierra that could be great to have in a rock climbing guide for High Sierra that a few friends and I are working on. My email is xxvitaliyxx1@gmail.com
Please contact me when you can.