Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Aspendell

Drove up to Aspendell to have a look at conditions. Table Mountain is almost there. Habeggar's is a bit lean. The snow on both the South Fork Road and the Road up to Sabrina was pretty thin, so I elected to trudge around in the Aspendell Meadow area.

High winds and plenty of snow transport occurring when I arrived. Fortunately the winds eased during my short tour.

 Believe it or not, this is the zone I skied.

The gullies were filled in pretty well,

Winter trees.

Skinned up to a little knob with views of Lamarck Col (center back) and Fool's Ridge (right).

Couple of fog shots.


Not bad!

Full disclosure - I only hit a couple of rocks but one knock was enough to put a deep gouge in my freshly tuned skies. Dang.

Big dump forecast for tonight and tomorrow. Hoping the Bishop Creek zone will be in full swing in a couple of days!

No comments: