Saturday, January 19, 2019

South Fork Again

I noticed some nice mellow terrain across the canyon from me yesterday. Got home and checked the maps and decided to give it a go.

Left the road here at these meadows and headed east.

Big lines!

Painted rock. Tyee Lakes area behind.

Surprised to find this pretty meadow up on Coyote.

and nearby mining relics.

Great snow in these glades.

And astounding views at the top.

Zoom shot to Mt Gilbert. Lots of snow up there. There will definitely be a corn season this year!

The descent involved some good snow and some bad snow. At least I was early enough that the bad snow was supportable. Temps were rising quickly by 11am and I imagine this zone became bottomless mank in no time.

The skiing may have been so so, but I very much enjoyed exploring a new zone and drinking in those fine vistas.

No comments: