Monday, January 7, 2019

Storms!

We received two much needed storms over the weekend. The first was fairly cold and a bit windy while the second was warmer and extremely windy.

On Sunday Mary and I drove up to Mammoth to ski at the ski area. Gorgeous morning!

Took a few runs with my friends Ben & Ann on Lincoln Mountain which were good fun although my legs quickly wore out. Then I joined Mary for some sweet windblown snow skiing.

This zone skied great.

Winds ramped up and they closed most of the lifts shortly after this pic was taken. Just as well. My legs were done!

Lots of wind. Lots of snow transport observed on drive home.

Today I was eager to check conditions up Bishop Creek although I had low expectations for skiing up there.

Table Mountain is just not ready yet.

Bishop Bowl has a ways to go too.

South Fork Road is fairly bare above the closure.

The road above the Aspendell closure isn't much better.

Approach to Bishop Bowl. Not bare anymore but not good.

Enough in the meadow to tromp around.

Dug a pit up here.

Observed this small avalanche near the mouth of Jawbone Canyon.

Careful out there!

No comments: