Friday, July 26, 2019

Bridgeport Cycling Camp

Been riding a fair bit lately. Mostly early mornings around Bishop, but this week I headed north to beat the heat and ride in the high country.

Did a couple of rides in the magnificent Bodie Hills. The first was a mountain bike ride up near Potato Peak.

The Sweetwater Range.

The Sierra

 Mono Lake

The Wassuk Range in the distance

Potato Peak

On the second ride I hopped on the gravel bike.

More Sierra.

Gravel heaven!


 Meadow and the Sweetwaters

Chemong Mine ruins

Yesterday I headed up to Lower Summers Meadow

and Upper Summers Meadow


and Green Creek

Great weather, no crowds - a total of 7 vehicles over the three days, and just fantastic riding. Now I need some rest!

Here are links to the maps.

Potato Peak MTB
Aurora Cyn to Masonic Cyn Gravel
Summers Mdw/Green Cr Gravel

GPX or FIT files can be downloaded by clicking on the three dots in the lower right corner of the data window with profile, mileage etc.

3 comments:

Joel S said...

Looks like some beautiful riding! Do you have a GPS track of where you went? I'm planning a trip to that area and would love to ride some of the same loops. Thanks!

Scott E said...

OK Joel.
I posted links to maps where you should be able to download GPX files.
Hope that works.
Have fun out there!

Joel S said...

Perfect, thanks Scott! I'm looking forward to making it out there.