Monday, August 19, 2019

Bridgeport Bikepack Day 1: Bodie Hills to the Sweetwater Range

Inspired by my Bridgeport Cycle Camp last month and fascinated by the Caldera 500 route I cooked up a three day tour surrounding the Bridgeport Valley.

The first day I headed up into the Bodie Hills. I took a couple of pics that are nearly identical to ones I posted last month.


A view of the terrain I would tackle on day 2.

The low point of the trip. Physically. Not emotionally.

I turned off the Sweetwater Road at this nice spot near a pleasant ranch.

Soon I was climbing in the Pinyon Juniper forest.

By late afternoon the heat was getting tough and I needed water so I decided to make camp here.

Day 1 done. The body felt good. The bike was rolling well and I was looking forward to getting up into the high country.

No comments: