Friday, February 7, 2020

Pointless Peak Ski

After yesterday's tour over to Hilton Lakes I felt like I had a decent handle on snow conditions in the Rock Creek area, so when my buddy Rick wanted to ski today I suggested we head to Pointless Peak.

Pointless Peak is so named because the top is actually a broad plateau with no significant summit point. I hiked it summer before last with Ann. Click here for the write up.

Our first views of Pointless this morning. We would climb and descend the chute on the far left.

 Looking down at Rock Creek Lake a little ways up the chute.

Rick climbs. Skinning was mostly quite good. Ski crampons were very helpful.

Rick took this photo of me about to top out.

The views from the top were grand. West.

South into Little Lakes Valley

 We found good skiing throughout on a mix of sun softened wind board and "early" corn.


Perfect corn in these widely spaced pines!

Spectacular day! I had a good ol time skiing with Rick and was stoked the conditions turned out to be so good for us. I've admired these lines for many years.

No comments: