Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Ruby Mountains: Thomas Canyon IV

Four days in a row in Thomas Canyon? Why not. Yesterday I spotted a zone that looked like it would ski pretty well, so I headed back up.

Another clear, cold morning. Had the canyon to myself today for the first time.

Snowmobiles and helicopter skiers, oh my! Didn't feel badly about putting a skin track in here.

I got good views of the area I skied yesterday.

I arrived at the top of the ridge separating Thomas Canyon from the Right Fork. Nice rock.

Mt Gilbert

The head of the Right Fork. The helicopter ski operation was hammering this zone. Kinda fun to watch, but sad to see them track it out pretty well.

From my high point on the ridge I kept traversing south looking for good snow. I found it on these slopes.

Did two runs. Both quite good. Crossed a snowmobile track or two, but can't complain.

 View from afar.

A short skin led me to this fine run. Nice cherry on the top of the day!

Another terrific tour!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Looks like you found some good snow!!