Thursday, August 20, 2009

More Mountain Biking!

Sorry I've been a bit tardy in updating the Blog.
I've been trying to get enough "content"!

Last weekend I was joined by Jim T. for some splendid riding in the Mammoth area.
Here's a shot of Jim with his ever present smile.
Tuesday evening I headed up to Mammoth for the Village Championship Series cross country races. That's me in the back left still in the sun (click to enlarge). They had us do a "rolling" start so I wasn't to worried about being on the front.
I felt pretty darn good for my first race of the season. I'm not sure of my placing, but I battled pretty well and ended up about three minutes behind the winner - who happened to be this dude on a single speed 29er. I was totally spent at the end and did the usual coughing/wheezing thing until I got hold of a beer (free!) and felt much better.
This morning I went for a nice cruise at the base of the Inyo Mountains east of Lone Pine. The sunrise on Mt. Whitney was grand.
I couldn't resist this shot.
After I rode, I took a couple minutes for a little photo shoot of my cross country racing rig.
It's a Salsa Moto Rapido hardtail Scandium frame with carbon seatstays.
A Rock Shox SID Race handles the suspension up front.
The carbon seatstays are purdy and seem to be effective at taking a little edge off.
SRAM bits all around with Grip Shift 9.0 shifters, 9.0 V-brakes, and a 7.o derailleur.
An old school Syncros crankset with a square taper BB gets the job done. I like the little 20 tooth granny for those really steeeeep hills!
It's a great bike for XC racing and general riding too as long as the trail isn't real rough.
It's light, responsive, and looks great too.
I love it!

No comments: