Monday, March 1, 2010

Cycling Around the Neighborhood

Since the avalanche hazard remains high and with plenty of chores to do around the house, I got in a couple of nice rides from the house here in Wilkerson.

On Friday I hopped on the mountain bike and headed south along the base of the mountains to the Shannon Canyon road.

This is the view across the Owens Valley to Black Mountain.
A fine, unnamed peak which rises above Keough's.
Looking up the Shannon Canyon road to Round Peak.
Friday night brought us a steady rain, so the conditions were perfect for a 'cross ride out on the valley floor. The roads were tacky, but not sloppy.
I rode out to the Buckley Ponds where I enjoyed a light rain and even a little hail.
I turned north and benefited from a strong tailwind. The ease of the speed goaded me to ride hard along this twisty section.
Solid fun!

No comments: