Thursday, November 14, 2013

OVCX #5

Last Sunday saw our annual visit to the Benton Crossing/Green Church Road conducted under warm, calm, and dry conditions. We had a great turnout and a great time!

Thanks to Karen for the pics. I lifted em off FB.

For some reason I was pretty wound up at the start and shot off the line like a bullet. 

Forcing Simon to eat my dust for a lap or two!

Eventually Simon got a decent gap, but then I could see "the locomotive" Andreas steaming behind me. With two to go he caught and passed me and while I was able to keep him close, I just could not get back up to him. I felt good though and was happy with the race.

The scenery here is unlike any other cross course in the world! I know. That's a big statement - but it's true!


Topped it off with good friends and good beer at the end.


No comments: