Monday, June 12, 2017

Rock Creek Ride

After a few days of recovery from the Lost & Found race I wanted to get on the road bike but I also wanted to enjoy some mountain scenery too, so I elected to ride up along Rock Creek.

I started at Millpond Park and rolled out through scenic Round Valley.

No traffic, good roads, and a pleasant setting. Road bliss.

Pine Creek was cranking.

I then climbed up Old Sherwin Grade.

At Tom's Place I turned up Rock Creek Road. This is the creek at the first bridge. Raging!

I started to feel like I was up in the mountains here.

Riding Rock Creek Road is a real pleasure after the widening and resurfacing.

The road is plowed to the pack station. Shortly beyond the gate are large snow patches, so I did not make it to Mosquito Flat.

Rock Creek Lake.

It was brisk but beautiful here at the outlet.

More big water just below the outlet.

Nearly 6,000' of almost continuous climbing. Got my fix of mountain scenery along with a solid training ride. Sweet!

No comments: