Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Bakersfield Cyclocross

Last weekend Nemo and I loaded up the truck and the Scamp to head over the hills to Bakersfield for more good Cyclocross fun.
Since Mary didn't make the trip there are no pics of me racing, but I managed to get around the course and take a few of Nemo goin' at it.

Getting ready to remount - watch the kick!
Nemo rode with his usual aplomb.
I loved the big oaks around the course.
I was not so in love with this incredibly steep run up, although I thought it was a great feature.
Fast, hard, and bumpy.

Nemo battled for a fine 4th place in the 35+ A's.


I got a great start, running second for the first lap, but the rugged run ups and strong compeition took their toll, gradually falling back to fifth by the end of the race.

Good enough for a podium spot and $15!!!
Yeah!

No comments: