Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Skiing!

After racing in Bend I ended up pretty deep in the sick zone for a couple of weeks. Fortunately I recovered in time for a classic winter storm cycle!

Jed and I headed up Chickenwing mid storm and found deep blower fun!
After some strenuous trail breaking we were richly rewarded.
 Yes it was deep!
Jed was kind enough to shoot a little SMG snow report video with me included.
Twas a very nice way to kick off the ski season!

Skied a couple of days at Mammoth with Mary and friends. We found classic wind buff and pockets of fluff.
I quickly realized cycling legs are not the same as skiing legs!

Visited Punta Bardini Christmas day and skied Old Growth and the Tele Bowls with Rick and Anne.

Anne enjoys the boot top powder in Old Growth.
 Rick blasts down Tele Bowl.

Woke up this morning to about 4" at the house here in Wilkerson. Mary took some nice pics.

It's a rare day I can XC ski from the house, so my rest day involved a little kick & glide in the desert with Bristle.

Nice to be riding the planks!!

No comments: