Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Up and Down the Big Valley Day 2

For me there is no better feeling than waking up in the wild. This morning I slept in and while the moon set and the light filled the sky I sipped my coffee and ate my warm gruel contentedly.

As I rode south the roads generally straightened and widened.

The old railroad stop at Kearsarge is commemorated here.

Flooding in this area left a cake of cracked mud over the surface. Good riding actually.

The magnificent Inyo Mountains.

Rode along this big ditch for a good while. Likely constructed year before last to spread flood waters from the big runoff we had.

Gravel superhighway!

Heading into Lone Pine.

Stopped for a energy boost in Lone Pine before climbing up into the Alabama Hills.




Stayed on Movie Flat Road on down towards Hogback Creek.

Found a pleasant camp site on Georges Creek with nice views.

and a swell pool for taking a dip.  That felt good!

Good times!

No comments: