Sunday, January 27, 2019

Table Mountain

Today the weather forecast was warm and with yesterday's tour in my legs I elected to go for a short early tour.

Yesterday Ann and I noticed a steep gully system that led to nice looking glades. I know an old ski bum who used to hit this zone frequently. In fact the only other time I've been here was with him. Must've been close to twenty years ago!

Straight up from the parking on the South Lake Road.

The upper part of the tight gully system. Skinning wasn't too bad. Ski crampons were helpful here and there but not a necessity.

Just above the gully the wide open terrain greeted me. I enjoyed good skiing here.

Looking south. More steep glades.

Ridgeline bliss.

Took a couple of panos with the phone. Jawbone Canyon left, Bishop Bowl center.

North to the big Owens Valley

Paiute Pass and Bishop Bowl.

The view up from the car. My route was in the gully system to the right.

Zoomed.

Got to the car around 10:20. None too soon as anything with a hint of snow on it was getting very soft quickly. Shady north facing was still skiing well, but even that was getting a little heavy.

Looking forward to skiing here with some fresh snow.