Monday, February 11, 2019

Red Mountain

After a couple of stormy days I met my friend Jason to ski up at Red Mountain near Lake Crowley. 

Lucky for us there was a decent skin track set and the other parties skied the slopes center and left and we had our eyes on the glades far right.

Crystal clear views out to the White Mountains.

Long Valley and frozen Crowley Lake

Jason snapped this photo of me just before we headed down. The temps were cool. Probably mid to high 20s at the most, but it sure felt warm in the sun!

Jason enjoys the powder!



Just had to head up for another!

Unfortunately I rolled over a wind lip awkwardly, went over the bars, and tore my calf muscle. Not severely but probably out of action for a bit here. Can't complain too much. It's been a heck of roll!

1 comment:

Bob Shattuck said...

Torn calf muscle, ouch. HEal up so you can post again and keep me wanting . . .