Saturday, March 16, 2019

Back on Skis!

After a month of recovery from my strained calf I am back on skis! Fortunately I was able to cycle a lot, so I kept some semblance of fitness, but there's nothing like getting up in the mountains.

I took a couple of quick tours up Bishop Creek to check my calf and figure out the current conditions. First I hit the "mini-golf" zone in Aspendell.

Nice views at the top.

First run back was a good one! Soft snow over a soft base. Ego snow!

 My second run was decent too with nice snow in the shade here.

Yesterday I did a quick jaunt up Table Mountain. Looking over to Bishop Bowl early morning.

Headed over to a pretty line on the northeast side of the mountain.

Found a couple of inches of light snow over a firm, scratchy base in the upper half then some deeper soft snow on the north facing slopes lower down. Good if not great skiing.

Happy to be out again!


No comments: