Thursday, March 12, 2020

East of Hammil Bowl

After finding good snow yesterday, I headed back up to the Mammoth Lakes Basin hoping to find fun skiing in the alpine.

I got an early start and enjoyed the nice light as I crossed Lake Mary.

Coldwater Creek

The rocky crags beneath the rapidly streaming clouds made for a dramatic scene.

As I got a little higher some attractive bowls came into view.

I skinned a ways up this snowfield until I found the north winds had stripped much of the new snow leaving a variety of surfaces. The skiing got better and better as I descended.

Dreamy in here!

Once I dipped below treeline a bit I found myself in another climate. Warm! The snow there was becoming wet and sticky.

Cruising back across Lake Mary the day continued to deliver stunning scenes.

A real beauty of a day!

No comments: