Sunday, March 22, 2020

Valley Gravel

I haven't been skiing for a while now. It just hasn't felt right. Most friends understand and respect my decision, some are puzzled. One friend apparently thinks I am being foolish. Sadly, I had to disconnect from him for the time being.

How you recreate these days is a personal choice - one of many we all have to make these days.

Instead of skiing I've been doing easy gravel rides from home here in the Owens Valley. It's been a wonderful way to relax. The weather has provided many moods and spectacular lighting. The roads are quiet. The serenity is soothing.

Just below our house, Collins Road leads out into the valley.


Smooth gravel is so sweet!

Old man Cottonwood Tree

We've had a few brief spells of brilliant sun

I've been enjoying the grey though. Seems apropos. 

I've been drawn to the water too. 







There's a seemingly endless number of great gravel roads!

Grateful for the gravel, my health, my family, and my friends.
Be safe. Be healthy!

1 comment:

Bob Shattuck said...

Nice to see not another soul.