Friday, December 18, 2020

Skiing Chicken Wing

Yesterday's storm over produced giving us much more than forecast. I had to get out and ski!

I took a chance and headed up to Deadman Pass and was pretty pleased I did.

Right off the bat there was at least 10" of new snow and the temperatures were in the teens. The big concern was coverage. 

Chicken Wing is the smallish peak here.

Lots of brush showing on the way in.

The forest was magnificent and the coverage was promising.

 

I took two short, but terrific runs down from the north ridge. Bumped a stump or two, but no rocks.


After the second run a figure appeared behind me. It turned out to be my friend George. He was grateful to have the track broken up to the ridge and offered to break the rest of the way to the summit. Heck yeah!

 

Soon we were at the top.

 

These glades skied very well.

As George will attest.

In fact the whole run was great. Did scrape a couple of rocks and a little wood, but ski damage was minimal. Well worth it.

Just an incredible day. Thanks George!
 

2 comments:

Bob Shattuck said...

I*'m currently working in a safeway. SUCKS. I haven't got to ski one day yet. SUCKS. Covid has us all staying close to home--I live in SF---SUCKS. My annoying and new upstairs neighbors have a dog--I love dogs. I used to do a lot of dog-sitting, pre-covid---but I hate having a dog above my bedroom that has to get up every morning at about 6 a.m. and race around the bedroom, all over the place, compliments of the dumb-ass owners, who haven't taken the hint. THIS REALLY SUCKS . . . . seeing your posts though, doesn't suck at all . . . looking fine out there. Stay Safe.

Scott E said...

Oh man Bob. That definitely sucks.
Hoping things turn around for you soon.