Sunday, February 20, 2022

Novelty Skiing

Day before yesterday I hooked up with my buddy Jim and we skied some sweet open glades near June Lake. About 4" of new snow had fallen here making for fun skiing.

 Nothing novel here. Plain old good times.

Yesterday though, was definitely novelty skiing. The base of Bald Mountain left, Long Valley right and the Owens River at my feet.

Took a long approach attempting (and failing) to avoid private property.

Parked for eternity.

Alas I arrived at my objective. This area burned a few years ago, so I found it easier to hike the dirt on nice little deer paths.

Higher up the ribbon of snow widened to a open snow fields.

I reached a sub summit of Bald Mountain enjoying fine vistas and pleasant weather. Mammoth Mountain center.

Looking northwest.

The snow was perfect but a bit lumpy providing mostly enjoyable skiing.

Novelty skiing for sure!
 

No comments: