Friday, September 28, 2018

Bikepack Day 3 Masonic to Green Creek

I settled into the routine of waking around 4:30, packing up with the headlamp, and rolling out a little after 6:30. Sounds crazy but it worked!

Loaded and ready to go!

After the steep climb out of Masonic I was rewarded with these expansive views of the Bodie Hills.


Columnar Basalt? Maybe!



At last I got a view of the Sierra with Green Creek, my destination, the dark canyon in the center.

More color splash!

I flew down into Bridgeport and then down 395 a few miles to the Green Creek turnoff. The wide gravel road up was a little tedious but once I got up high and enjoyed the views I felt better.

The first glimpse of Green Creek. My first visit ever!

Dynamo Pond was formed by a dam built in the 1890s to supply water for the hydroelectric plant which provided electricity to Bodie.

I was impressed by the wide valley and abundant meadows.




Beaver pond.


Great fall colors too!


Green Creek at my camp. Took a refreshing dip here.

Camp.


The color looks like it was painted on the hillside!!

Glad I made it here to Green Creek!

No comments: