Friday, September 28, 2018

Bodie Hills Bike Tour Day 2

I'm an early riser by nature and since I was asleep soon after dark each night I found myself awake quite early. First thing each morning I enjoyed my coffee and gruel and set about packing up camp. 

By 6:30 or so I was on the road. A fantastic time of day to be out!

I headed west on the dirt "highway", Forest Service Road 028, to Hawthorne. Fine riding and wide open scenery.



At The Elbow the road continues alongside the East Fork of the Walker River,

The Sweetwater Range rises behind meadows adjacent to the river.

A bit more than a mile before Rd 028 meets highway 338 I turned south up Rd 046 heading for the Masonic mining region.

Happily I found the road in good shape as the climb was long and steady.

Ruins in Masonic. Read the history here

After a little poking around I found this fantastic camp site.

It was tucked back in here.

Water was a concern, but fortunately I found a seep these bushes.

Mine and tailings pile near Middle Masonic.

After setting up camp and fetching water I went for a nice stroll.



Backcountry roller and stretching mat.


Another wonderful day!

No comments: