Saturday, January 18, 2020

Patricia Bowl Kinda

Today I headed up Rock Creek to check on conditions up there. I got a nice early start and skinned up the road with no particular goal in mind.

After an hour plus of skinning up the road I was ready to explore, so I hopped onto the Hilton Lakes Trail and hoped to wind my way up into Patricia Bowl.

Rock Creek Lake and Mount Morgan.on the way up the trail.

Some moderately arduous skinning brought me to the entrance of the bowl with this fine crag above.

Looked a little thin in the bowl proper.

I elected to traverse out onto the SE slopes of Pointless Peak to a a shallow gully. Found good skiing there.

Good skiing lower down too. A subtle change in aspect made all the difference between sun crusted funk and sweet powder.

Another fine day in the hills!

No comments: