Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Two Months in Altadena

It's been too long!

I spent nearly two months down in Altadena helping my Mother recuperate from a broken wrist. Fortunately for me she lives at the foot of the beautiful San Gabriel Mountains with plenty of fine trails and fire roads nearby.

I was able to hike from her front door to the splendid Millard Falls.

Up the Brown Mountain Fire Road I found these grand views of the upper Arroyo Seco.

And back to downtown L.A.

One of the many great trails.

Oaks! I re-fell in love with the serene Oaks.

Managed to do a little mountain biking in the snow. Lots of work up. Thrilling down.

Also found some great gravel riding over in the Verdugo Hills.

Mountain biking on the cool cloudy days were the finest.

Rains bring out the best in the flora down here.

Damp leaf collage.

Mo Oaks

 I had never ridden the Grizzly Flat Road before. Impressive wild terrain!

Huffed it up the Mount Wilson Toll Road all the way to the summit.

But the Oaks truly fed my soul!


The two months passed quickly enough and now I am home.

No comments: