Wednesday, June 17, 2020

Dana Plateau

My first group outing with friends! Jim, Elysia, Mary and I hiked from near Tioga Pass to the Dana Plateau. The outing really tested my hiking legs!

Mary and Elysia just a few minutes into the journey.

Spring is just beginning in the high country with green shoots popping up in the meadows.

We stopped for a photo op on the way up. Jim was preoccupied with watching marmots.

Mary cruises the tundra.

Wide open country.

Jim social distancing with Mt Dana behind.

We made it up to the Third Pillar where Jim peers over the abyss toward Mono Lake.

Dramatic terrain on the edge of the plateau.

The Third Pillar, Highway 120, and Mono Lake.

Rock sculpture with Lee Vining Canyon below.

The high country scenery inspires.


I was so glad to get out!
I'm eager to get up into the mountains more as summer unfolds.

No comments: