Monday, February 15, 2021

Coyote Highlands

 Yesterday I kept it close to home again and skied up onto the Coyote Plateau via the Habeggar glades.

 We had another wind event since my last outing so the snow pack in open areas was ravaged.

The snow inside the glades wasn't too bad though. Neither were the views.


I wound my way through the east facing glades (more wind affected), up a rocky gully, and onto the plateau. I had hoped to summit Lookout Mountain, but I wasn't psyched to hike the bare ground up there.

Tremendous views of the Sierra from my high point. Humphreys, Basin, Tom

Bishop skyline from Mt Gilbert (left edge) to Paiute Pass.

Cruised back via my skin track to the glades, which skied pretty well, then a little survival skiing to the exit road - which is melting out and may not last long.

I hadn't been up this way since 2005. Glad I went.

No comments: