Sunday, June 4, 2023

McGee

 McGee Mountain is a huge massif with dozens of lines. I've eyed these shots all winter and figured it was time. The road into Tobacco Flat is free of snow, so I could drive right to the base. Ascended the left patch in the shade and descended the left most chute of the trident on the right.

Easy booting with crampons quickly got me to the top. Looking down my run.

Minutiae.

The middle fork of the trident looked good too, but had huge glide cracks wall to wall part way down.

McGee Mountain plateau. The summit is the dry, rounded hump left.

Swell views to the Mt Morrison area.

The snow here was only slightly cupped. With nice soft snow I didn't even notice them.

Milked it all the way out to the end of snow.

Cool quickie. As Patrick put it, "novelty skiing."  I'll take it!
 

No comments: