Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Piute Mountain Hike

After a tough ride the day before I decided to go on a relatively easy hike up neighboring Piute Mountain.

At my camp site there are several rock foundations indicating a prior structure. I imagine some were Piute, some were built by sheepherders, and some perhaps by miners.

An early view towards Mammoth and the Ritter Range.

Loved the wide open vistas!

Piute Mountain, my destination, back left.

I came across these concentric rock circles.

Perhaps a Piute religious site?

A small rock shelter.

A view over towards the Bishop skyline.

Piute Mountain

The Palisades out beyond the Owens Valley.

The broad valley between Piute and Sheep Mountains.

The hazy view to the east and the Silver Peak Range.

The high altitude flora is amazing!

Bishop is the green patch center. Taken from the summit.

Sheep Mountain.

Looking back toward White Mountain. 



Magical!

No comments: