Thursday, August 23, 2018

White Mountains Bikepack/Patriarch Grove

Leaving my "home". 

I can't help but wonder about this structure. There are two rooms. The small one I camped in on the left and the larger one on the right. The center wall is well constructed with tight fitting, well placed rocks while the left wall is full of gaps and is a bit shaky. In the back of the small room is a fireplace with a chimney. There are a fair amount of rusty cans and a little broken glass here. Lot's of obsidian chips are found too. No doubt this spot has been inhabited off and on for quite a long time.

Rolling out on a quiet road in a spectacular setting is a great feeling!

I felt good, so I took a detour to the Patriarch Bristlecone Grove.


Surprisingly I had the place to myself. I ambled about for a good while just soaking it all in!


Riding back out to the truck was blissful too.

Wonderful trip!

No comments: