Tuesday, December 21, 2021

Rock Creek Skiing

 After the last tours to Habeggar's and Red Cone I decided to ski somewhere a bit more off the beaten path. I drove up to the winter closure on Rock Creek Road (no Sno-Park required, trails not groomed), hopped up onto the bench to the west, and meandered on in to the base of Patricia Peak (summit out of view up to the right).

I skinned up to treeline just right of center and did two nice runs in the glades.

Another pretty day in the mountains.

Avalanche debris from the big storm a week ago.

The open glades skied very well.

A little more wind affected up here, but still solid fun. The terrain above was very wind hammered.


 I've never skied these slopes before. Nice little zone. 

I am taking a little time out to visit my Mom for Christmas. Let the snow pile up!!!

No comments: