Tuesday, January 17, 2023

Grays Meadow 2

 Had ideas of touring up near the Shepard's Pass trailhead today. I had spied a good looking line Saturday and thought I'd give it a go.

It was somewhat of an adventure drive in there with up to a foot of new snow over an icy dirt road. Once I got close, the line didn't look so good. The narrow gully was too narrow and steep sided and the nearby trees looked too dense.

 I was looking at the drainage on the left through the trees.

Spied this dream line though. Access doesn't look too bad. Someday hopefully!

I ended up back at the Grays Meadow area. A lot of new snow had fallen since Saturday, so I could skip the funky gully and head right up the hills above the road.

Got a good look at the Lime Canyon Glades. Looking nice!

Looking down at my first run.

 

Tracks. Good skiing. Very slightly wind affected in spots lower down, but solid fun.

Went higher for run two. Real pretty slopes.

Looking down the run. This skied exceptionally well.


 The slopes above the road were more wind affected, but still fun. Nice to ski right to the car. No one around either. It stayed cold and north breezes added a wind chill. Keeping the snow nice!

No comments: