Sunday, January 22, 2023

Lime Canyon

 After Friday's tour it was evident strong winds had created poor skiing conditions in most zones. Reports from around the Sierra confirmed that view, so I visited an area I hoped had been spared the worst of it.

 The view up canyon from the road. Independence Peak in the background.

I was quite grateful for a skin track . Got too steep in spots, but definitely made the travel a lot easier.

Another view of the canyon from higher up.

Skin track stoke.

Looking down from the top of my first run. Skiing was quite good here.

Went back up for another. First run tracks.

My second run was "exploratory."  Good one though. Run #3 started from here. Really nice skiing too.


 Bluebird day with no wind. No one around. Excellent day!

1 comment:

Greg said...

gorgeous views on a beautiful day! thanks for putting this up. enjoying your eastern sierra excursions.