Thursday, January 5, 2023

Throwback Thursday

 I'm sitting here in my cozy home while the snow piles up in the mountains. I got to looking at some old photos and figured it would be fun to post them up and reminisce.

 Almost exactly twenty years ago to the day, I joined my good friends Bill and Anne for a tour of Basin Mountain. 

 Bill sadly passed away in a car accident a few years later. He was a mentor, a cheerleader, and of course a great pal. Sometimes when I'm touring alone on an especially good day I still feel his presence.

Heading up the lower slopes.

Entering the basin.

Up up up


Anne was quite elated to reach the top of the couloir.

Views! Over to Humphreys

Emerson & Kindergarten Couloirs lined up in the distance.

Not the greatest pic, but the best of my descent photos. Bill enjoys the fine boot top powder.

Skinny skis, flimsy boots, tremendous fun!

Nice trip down memory lane.
 

2 comments:

anne said...

Ahh what a great memory! maybe I can get out with you this winter when you do a mellow day.

Scott E said...

Great memories indeed. Amazing how many wonderfully big days we did back then.
I'd love to get out for a mellow day Anne!