Friday, April 21, 2023

Backyard

 Well, not literally backyard like back in early March, but close to home. Parked the truck less than four miles from our door as the crow flies.

I've had my eyes on this one for years, decades even. Friends had skied it recently with glowing reports, so I figured it was time.

Photo from back in February. Line right of center.


 Almost an hour and a half of hiking and 1500' got me to the snow.

Instant excellent coverage thanks to a huge avalanche debris pile.

Base of the chute. Looked close, but still had 3000' to go.

Warm temps and sunshine had smoothed the avy debris nicely.

At the top looking over to Round Mountain.

Swell views back to the Palisades


Dropping!

I enjoyed good to great corn the entire run.


 An unforgettable classic!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome score, Scott!! It’s Chris D coming down from Juneau again… I’ll be around June Lake this weekend. Hope to ski ya soon!!!

Bob Shattuck said...

How am I missing all your posts* . . . anyway, on that topic and while sorting through hundreds of emails, I realized I'd not seen any reports from the one person who's adventures I love----glad to see that you are fine and getting in on some of this amazing season.

Bob Shattuck
San Francisco Backcountry Skiers

*maybe just maybe they are going to my unused google account? bobolonius@hotmail.com

Scott E said...

Yeah Bob! Thanks much for the high praise.

Dunno what happened with the notifications.
My wife no longer gets them either!?
I've checked the settings, but haven't been able to figure it out.

Hope you're doing well.