Wednesday, April 3, 2024

Skiing Great Basin National Park

 Yesterday I headed over to the Snake Range in Great Basin National Park. The road up Lehman Creek is plowed to the lower campground (open) where I was able to skin right from the parking area.

 Having been here before I knew I needed to stay on the summer trail pretty far before heading towards this huge glade. Fortunately I found a decent route and an easy stream crossing.

I would not say the approach was easy, just not horrible! I was definitely stoked to get to the base of the glades where skinning was much more straightforward.

I was just blown away by the size of this thing!

I was able to attain the ridge and follow it to the top of a little knoll. A bit wind affected at first but fairly cold and dry the rest of the way with well over a foot of new snow high and about 10" low.

Was kinda salivating here!

Was like skiing a wide open blue run at a ski area with no one around.

Looking back at my tracks and the knoll I attained. Much more terrain with bigger lines to the west.


 Wow! Terrific tour.

No comments: