Saturday, April 2, 2022

Powder and Corn

 Yesterday I joined my friends Mike and Dave for a quick tour up Red Cone in the Mammoth Lakes Basin. We took one run in the bowl finding nice powder then skinned back up to the east ridge.

Views from the ridge. From left, Twin  Lakes, Mamie Lake, and Lake Mary. Nice skiing on the sunny slopes here until we got down into the trees where the snow got manky but manageable.

Fun tour!


Today I ventured up the Northwest side of McGee Mountain looking for corn. I booted up the big gully arriving on a ridge with great views over to Mt Morrison.

White Fang on the left.

The "Wine Glass" Couloir across canyon with McGee Creek on the right.

A glance east to the proper summit of McGee.

Old Man's Bowl.

I found delightful low angle cruising in these open trees.

Good skiing below too.

A little lumpy down in the canyon, but still quite enjoyable.


 Another fun one.

1 comment:

Bob Shattuck said...

Good Mornin' . . . Looks good from here.