Friday, March 8, 2024

Ely Skiing Again

 I've been dealing with a slight muscle strain in my left hip area. Ducked low to scoot through a Mahogany tree and it tightened up pretty good. 

Eased back into it with a couple of short tours to the old Ski Hill.


Then stepped it up a bit with a fine run down this face.

Super good skiing top to bottom. I will say that the high March sun and recent winds have done a little damage, but not here.

Yesterday an evening stroll was in order. Helped loosen up the hip and buoy my spirits.

Feeling good, I went for a longer tour today in the Schell Creek Range.

These Aspens skied well.

Zooming through these trees was a real treat.

I skied the line on the edge of the pines left of center, then the big open slopes lower. A little sun affect where the aspect tilts a bit west, but otherwise real nice skiing.

Good day, although I did tweak the hip again ducking beneath a branch. We'll see how it goes. Nice to get a solid day in though.


No comments: