Sunday, February 25, 2024

Another Ski Tour in the Egan Range

 I am a creature of habit. Once I find a good zone, I keep going back. why not?

 Well, there a lot of places that are more "Nowhere" than this, but it sure feels remote despite being just 15 minutes from town.

"The Zone" viewed from where I've been parking the truck. Today's goal was the large bowl on the left.

Big open slopes, good snow, stoke high!

As a bonus, I was able to tag a mini summit with fine views. Playas and snowy ranges. Classic Nevada.

Had little a left in the tank, so I hopped back on the skin track for another run.

Skied this run in the canyon just north of the bowl.


 No doubt this zone gets less snow than the Schell Creek Range (right above) or the high peaks of the Egan Range, but the 3" to 5" we got out of the last storm is skiing really well.

No comments: