Sunday, February 11, 2024

Ely Ski Hill

 The last in the series of storms rolled through last night leaving several more inches of light fluffy snow. I decided to have a go at the old Ely Ski Hill. I don't have any info on the old rope tows that operated here. Wish I did.

I set out at the Ward Mountain Campground and cruised over to the ski area on groomed trails. Great wintery scene near the start.

The weather forecast was mostly sunny. The sun didn't get the memo. When it did appear, the sparkling snow and the random snowflakes beamed brightly.

The trees on the ridge above the ski slopes were all nicely rimed.

Views near the top. Dang cold with temps in the mid to low teens and a steady north breeze.

More rime


The snow was very slightly wind affected up high, but fantastic down here. So much fun I took three runs.

The sun finally peeped out steadily on my way back to the trailhead.


 The approach was a bit long, but went by fast on those groomed trails. The Voile skis with a waxless pattern were just the ticket. Real nice day.

No comments: