Monday, February 12, 2024

Shoulder Season

 Shoulder season? Yes! I'm not talking Spring and Fall. I'm talking shoulder skiing.

 For some reason the shoulder's of many ridges falling from the crest of the Schell Creek Range hold big open slopes. I'm not sure if they were cleared once upon a time or if there's something about the environment that doesn't allow forest growth. I do know they provide great skiing!

Here's a photo from the other day showing three of those shoulders. I skied the middle one yesterday.

The drive in was a little sketchy in deep snow. Managed to avoid getting the truck stuck thankfully. The approach, however, was easy.

Truly enjoyable skinning.



Looking over to the next shoulder south. Had a great day there last year on my visit.

The snow in here was excellent. I managed to pull down three 900' runs. I couldn't help myself really!

Woohoo!


 Best tour of the year thus far. Hands down!


 

No comments: