Monday, February 5, 2024

More Skiing in Ely

 I spent the last three days skiing in the environs of Ely. Good times!

 Friday I took a short drive to check on conditions at the old ski area/rope tow zone. Nice XC ski, but we still need at least a foot more for any turns on the old runs.

I skied up the access road and down the mountain bike trail - which they groom with a snowmobile. Quite fun.

Saturday I headed into the Schell Creek Range as the storm cleared. New zone for me. It did not disappoint!

The weather was changeable. One minute sunny and warm, the next a squall would come in with wind and snow showers. Must've put the jacket on/off a dozen times!


Still thin, but the skiing was great.

Yesterday I went back for more. I had a skin track in and had figured out the lay of the land so why not?

Big limestone outcrops across canyon.

Mahogany couple.

Another storm rolled in providing a moody late morning scene.


I was able to get nearly 1000' higher than yesterday and enjoyed another outstanding run.

Feeling blessed!
 

No comments: