Tuesday, January 25, 2022

North Lake Corn Again

 Yesterday I had an early morning appointment, so I was looking for a quick tour close to home. North Lake fit the bill.

 Pretty similar to about a thousand pics I've take before. I changed it up by throwing a little grass in. Hard to tell but yes, that tan stuff in the foreground is grass.

Traveled through a peaceful Aspen grove on the way up.

Not so peaceful here. Shoulda brought a chainsaw! Fortunately I did not have to descend this.

The upper stretches of the drainage provided easy skinning up and good skiing down.

I easily topped out without needing boot or ski crampons. Looking up to the summit of Bishop Bowl.

Views to the NE with my hometown right center.

Looking south up the Middle Fork of Bishop Creek to the Sierra Crest

Looks funky. Skied well.

Repeat. Looks funky. Skied well.


 Corns is where it's at.

No comments: