Saturday, January 1, 2022

Skiing Again!

I am finally back home after lots of travel which thankfully was uneventful. Time to wax the skis and head to the hills! I eased into it with a short tour out of Aspendell.

Plenty of wind transport on Table Mountain during the drive up.

Interesting wind erosion where the wind funneled through a choke point. Mini golf zone behind looked kinda wind affected but may have skied alright.

I meandered up to the little notch on the skyline right of center. By carefully reading the snow texture and aspect I found good snow - but there was a lot more bad snow than good!

Today my buddy Ben and I headed north for some tree skiing. Cold start. 10F at the car, but with full sun and no wind it didn't feel too uncomfortable.

We climbed our way up through nice glades to this ridge.

And on up to a small summit for outstanding views.


The tree skiing was very good. The snow that fell out of the trees was a very slight nuisance, but we found plenty of undisturbed, cold powder.


 Solid fun! Great to be back in the saddle.

2 comments:

Bob Shattuck said...

Great to see, but treadmill for me . . . on the 5th, I get on one just to see if I can ski---hope for the best. At least I'm betting I can get to the top of a hill, sorta, maybe . . .

Scott E said...

Hoping for the best for sure Bob! Good luck. Good healing.